Monday 22 July 2013

Mid-year resolution: be a better girl


The weather has been glorious recently, but rather than enjoy the amazingness, I have spent an excessive amount of time watching beauty videos and reading blogs, and they're really making me want to go out and buy every single skincare product and item of makeup mentioned. I have watched HOURS of Zoella and Sprinkle of Glitter videos. And I know what you're thinking: you don't have a job, Lucy, maybe you should focus on that first. Well, I'm sorry, I can't help it, and hey, maybe better skin will help to get me a job...?! (I like to try to rationalise every life decision in such ridiculous ways).

I have been massively neglecting my skin recently and I don't really know why. It's not as if I have a high-powered, stressful job getting in my way or a jam-packed social life that is taking up all my time... Anyway, we're sort of half way through the year and so this seems like a great time for a resolution: I will take better care of my skin and learn how to stick creams and colours on my face in order that they make make it marginally more appealing.

I am very much one of those people that finds a makeup regime and sticks to it: same primer, concealer, foundation, blusher, eye liner and mascara. I don't even wear something on my lips every day as it scares me. I may have mentioned this before, but I have a really bad fear that I am going to look like a drag queen (not that there is anything wrong with that, I - not so secretly - wish I was a drag queen) and so I am not very creative when it comes to colours and fancy makeupin'. BUT, I absolutely love beauty products and have drawers full of unused products and I figure, I'm 22, if ever there were a time for atrocious makeup disasters, it would be now - old enough to half understand how to use everything/enough sense to start again if I look like Marge Simpson post-makeup gun, but young enough that at least I can console myself that I don't look like mutton dressed as lamb.

So, to start things off, I have just purchased my first EVER red lipstick, thus making me a proper grown up. It was this bad boy (only £5.49, as I wanted to make sure that it was going to look RIDICULOUS) and so far, I'm liking it: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss 01.




I reckon this is a slippery slope and, if I'm making a video similar to this within a year, please come round to my flat and cut my credit card into tiny pieces and disconnect my internet to prevent me from ever buying a beauty product again!


This has been a bit of a nonsense post really, but essentially, I'm going to be buying more makeup and talking about it. So, there's that to look forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment